Tonganoxie city crews plan to tear down house, former police station in coming days
Tonganoxie City crews plan to demolish the former police station and a nearby house this week.
The house, a two-story structure at the southwest corner of Third and Delaware streets, will be torn down Tuesday.
Crews plan to tear down the former police station Wednesday and Thursday at Fourth and Delaware streets.
The house will make way for additional parking for Tonganoxie Public Library.
That demolition isn’t expected cause detour routes, but work on the former police station is.
Traffic between Main and Delaware and Delaware between Third and Fourth streets will be closed to through Wednesday and Thursday.
City officials ask business owners in the demolition area to use caution when entering their buildings and to park behind their buildings or outside the immediate area.
For more information about the demolition projects, contact City Hall at 913-845-2620.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
- Tonganoxie youth pen letters to Santa for Christmas 2015
- Tonganoxie, McLouth student-athletes named to all-Lawrence Journal-World teams