Tonganoxie city crews plan to tear down house, former police station in coming days
Tonganoxie City crews plan to demolish the former police station and a nearby house this week.
The house, a two-story structure at the southwest corner of Third and Delaware streets, will be torn down Tuesday.
Crews plan to tear down the former police station Wednesday and Thursday at Fourth and Delaware streets.
The house will make way for additional parking for Tonganoxie Public Library.
That demolition isn’t expected cause detour routes, but work on the former police station is.
Traffic between Main and Delaware and Delaware between Third and Fourth streets will be closed to through Wednesday and Thursday.
City officials ask business owners in the demolition area to use caution when entering their buildings and to park behind their buildings or outside the immediate area.
For more information about the demolition projects, contact City Hall at 913-845-2620.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- ELECTION CENTRAL: City incumbents win; USD 464 incumbents out
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Accept the Chiefs' Challenge in Tonganoxie