MHS tracksters make state cut
Several members of the McLouth High track and field team punched their state tickets Friday in a Class 2A regional at Herington.
Senior Drew Cerny qualified in the 100-meter and 200-meter dash. The senior won the 100 with a time of 10.99 seconds and took second in the 200 (23.32).
Remington Courter made the state cut in the long jump, taking third with a jump of 18 feet, 11.75 inches. Meanwhile, Jack Arnett took fourth in the 300-meter hurdles (44.33). Cerny, Arnett and Courter also teamed up with Sergio Hernandez to place fourth in the 4x100-meter relay (46.33). All Bulldog boys will make their state debuts this week.
On the girls side, two Bulldogs qualified for multiple events. Senior Kayla Steffey won the 400-meter dash (1:03.22) and took second in the 100 (13.37). She also ran the 400 at state in 2013. Anna Moore complemented that performance with a title in the 100-meter hurdles (16.42) and a runner-up finish in the 300 hurdles (50.81). She qualified for both events a year ago.
The state meet will take place Friday and Saturday at Wichita State University’s Cessna Stadium. Click here for a schedule for local athletes.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Westar Energy will return $38 million to customers