Leavenworth County checkpoint leads to 4 DUI arrests
A Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office check lane led to four arrests for driving under the influence.
Officers conducted the check lane Friday evening on U.S. Highway 24-04 and 182nd Street east of Tonganoxie.
Officers screened 200 vehicles, including four that were stopped for DUI arrests.
Kansas Highway Patrol troopers and Kansas Department of Transportation employees assisted sheriff’s officers in the deployment of safety cones and traffic signs for the event.
More like this story
- KU's lavish shrine to Naismith's 'Rules of Basket Ball' takes shape
- Review of Wichita State athletics considers football
- Work begins on Tonganoxie's Gallagher Park
- Tonganoxie USD 464 selects Iowa company for nearly $178,000 in track upgrades
- Information about Tonganoxie's Gallagher Park personalized bricks to be available later this month