Leavenworth County checkpoint leads to 4 DUI arrests
A Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office check lane led to four arrests for driving under the influence.
Officers conducted the check lane Friday evening on U.S. Highway 24-04 and 182nd Street east of Tonganoxie.
Officers screened 200 vehicles, including four that were stopped for DUI arrests.
Kansas Highway Patrol troopers and Kansas Department of Transportation employees assisted sheriff’s officers in the deployment of safety cones and traffic signs for the event.
More like this story
- Kansas State researches using drones to protect crops
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- State official to be director of Manhattan airport