Tonganoxie American Legion Post 41 makes large donation with flag
Fire department to fly flag at community events
Tonganoxie American Legion Post 41 presented the Tonganoxie City Fire Department with a large American flag to be flown at various functions.
The post presented the 20-by-30-foot American flag to the fire department July 25 during the movie night at the new Tonganoxie Elementary School.
Firefighters first flew the flag July 28 at Fourth and Bury streets during the Leavenworth County Fair Parade.
The flag was displayed from the fire department’s 75-foot aerial apparatus. The apparatus, Quint6, will allow the large flag to be hung from the end of the ladder at heights of up to 50 feet.
Tonganoxie American Legion Post 41, Tonganoxie Legion Riders and the Tonganoxie American Legion Auxiliary Post 41 made the sizable donation to the fire department. Post members who presented the flag were Don Harden, Denise Bounds, Melvin Kleinschmidt, Connie Kleinschmidt, Rick Muzzy, Bob Delich and Bea Kooken.
Firefighters plan to display the flag at various community events throughout the year.
More like this story
- American Legion Post 41 to welcome military service members
- Tonganoxie area groups support national veteran motorcycle ride on Interstate 70
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- Tonganoxie Elementary School open house is July 25
- Dedication, open house Saturday at new Tonganoxie Elementary School