Bonner Springs man identified as Perry Lake drowning victim
A 30-year-old man who drowned Saturday evening at Perry Lake has been identified as Bonner Springs resident Jeremy Welch.
About 5:25 p.m. Saturday, Jefferson County deputies responded to an emergency call at the lake, and Welch’s body was found near the party cove area around 9 p.m., Sheriff Jeff Herrig said.
An investigation into the drowning is ongoing, and the cause will not be determined for at least a week, once the results of an autopsy are available, Herrig said.
A fund has been set up to help Welch's family with funeral expenses.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie baseball getting ready for Butch Foster Classic at CommunityAmerica Ballpark
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Tourney time in Tonganoxie and McLouth
- Scrimmages, introductions to showcase many Tonganoxie High teams tonight