Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
An online silent auction that ends Saturday night and features an exclusive shirt worn by Kansas University women’s basketball coach Bonnie Henrickson will benefit a memorial scholarship fund for a former area firefighter.
The Jayhawk shirt is a size XL and was worn by KU coaches for the superhero game against West Virginia. Proceeds from the silent auction will be donated to Kansas Unviersity Endowment Association for the Whitney Van Dyke Scholarship.
Van Dyke was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on March 28, 2014. She died Sept. 22, 2014. Van Dyke was 26.
An Oskaloosa High School graduate, Van Dyke was a member of the Rural, Sarcoxie and McLouth/Union Township fire departments.
For more information or to place an online bid on the shirt, go to cyclingthroughlife.com. The auction ends at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 28.
Scholarship money is being raised to provide an annual scholarship to a KU women’s basketball player in Van Dyke’s name.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County Fair schedule
- Aspiring Spire from Tonganoxie
- Santa event Dec. 9 at Tonganoxie Middle School to benefit THS After-Prom
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board picks new member; FTE enrollment up; library building discussed; contracts, resignations approved
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser