Bond increase for Kansas man charged with molestation
Olathe A Johnson County judge has increased the bond for a suburban Kansas City music teacher accused of molesting students.
The Kansas City Star reports that 28-year-old Sean Dow of Overland Park is charged in two cases with sexually assaulting four students at a Shawnee music store where he taught. He fled from house arrest last month and was arrested five days later in California. He has since been returned to Johnson County.
On Wednesday, his bond was increased to $750,000 in each case.
In the request to increase Dow's bond, prosecutors said Dow left a note when he fled indicating he was trying to "permanently avoid prosecution for these offenses."
A hearing on a request to consolidate the charges into one case is also scheduled for Aug. 12.
More like this story
- Kansas man charged with molestation arrested in California
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Tonganoxie superintendent pleads not guilty to alleged failure to report sex abuse at former school
- Judge OKs Tonganoxie superintendent’s return to campus during court proceedings
- Tonganoxie superintendent's case headed to jury trial