Tonganoxie man arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
A Tonganoxie man whose apartment was the scene of an alleged sexual assault case involving a 13-year-old girl has been booked into Leavenworth County Jail.
Warren P. Thompson, 53, was arrested on suspicion of four counts child endangerment and one count hosting of minors where alcohol is present.
He was booked Monday night in Leavenworth, according to Tonganoxie police Chief Jeff Brandau.
The arrest stems from an alleged sexual assault last month in an apartment on Ridge Circle where the man lives. According to accounts from the 13-year-old, several teens aged 16 or 17 took turns sexually assaulting her while the others watched in Thompson’s apartment.
Brandau said officers had been called to the residence several times in the past before last month’s alleged incident, but no arrests previously were made.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man in court on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- Tonganoxie man to appear in court Monday following alleged stabbing
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Tonganoxie man pleads no contest in case involving juvenile
- Tonganoxie checkpoint turns into high-speed chase