Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita
Wichita A 30-year-old woman has been arrested after Wichita police say she assaulted a police horse and two officers.
The Wichita Eagle reports the woman was arrested early Sunday morning. According to police spokesman Sgt. Bob Gulliver, officers were taking a person into custody for an unrelated disturbance in Old Town when the woman tried to interfere.
Gulliver said the horse, which was being ridden by a mounted officer, stepped in between the woman and other officers, and the woman grabbed the reins. Authorities said the woman kicked an officer while being taken into custody and punched another while she was being transported to jail.
The woman faces charges of battery of a police animal and resisting arrest.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man to appear in court Monday following alleged stabbing
- Tonganoxie checkpoint turns into high-speed chase
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie man sought in KCK detective shooting caught; officer killed
- Kansas man charged with abuse after human remains found