Shawnee woman suing archdiocese
Shawnee A Shawnee woman contends in a lawsuit against the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas that a false child abuse complaint was filed against her after she complained that her daughter was being bullied at school.
Melissa Schroeder also named Sacred Heart Catholic Church and its school principal, Maureen Engen. She says her 10-year-old daughter's health began declining in April 2014 because of bullying at the diocese school and school officials ignored her requests to protect her daughter.
The lawsuit alleges Engen reported to the Kansas Department of Children and Families that Schroeder was abusing and neglecting her daughter. The Kansas City Star reports the agency's investigation found no substantiation to the allegations.
A spokeswoman for the defendants said the archdiocese had not yet seen the lawsuit.
More like this story
- Shawnee Mission intervention in school funding case rejected
- Court dismisses union's lawsuit over Kansas law on tenure
- Tonganoxie superintendent pleads not guilty to alleged failure to report sex abuse at former school
- Kansas House panel to review Democratic lawmaker's remarks
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating