Shatner to ride through Kansas on Thursday
Wichita Actor William Shatner is scheduled to pass through Wichita this week on a trip to raise money for the American Legion.
The Wichita Eagle reports that Shatner will be in Wichita on Thursday as he makes a 2,400-mile journey from Illinois to California on a three-wheeled motorcycle. The trip is intended to raise money for the American Legion.
The 84-year-old actor portrayed Captain Kirk in the 1960s television series "Star Trek." His trip is scheduled to end in Los Angeles next week.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie area groups support national veteran motorcycle ride on Interstate 70
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Slide in Kansas oil industry continues to stress producers
- American Legion Post 41 to welcome military service members
- Dedication, open house Saturday at new Tonganoxie Elementary School