Tonganoxie USD 464 voters say no to budget authority increase
The Tonganoxie USD 464 school board will not have an increased local-option budget authority.
With about a 39 percent voter turnout, 1,235 people voted against the measure, while 1,055 voted in favor of it, a margin of 180 votes. The "no" votes had about 54 percent of the vote.
Leavenworth County Clerk Janet Klasinski said she mailed out roughly 5,900 ballots earlier this month.
Canvas of the ballots will be Monday.
More like this story
- USD 464 LOB authority hike fails to pass
- Tonganoxie USD 464 ballot deadline is June 30
- Tonganoxie School Board OKs putting LOB question on ballot
- Tonganoxie School Board special meeting Thursday to cover potential LOB increase, freshman athletics
- Tonganoxie group hopes for 'yes' vote in mail ballot election