May 6, 2015
The Tonganoxie City Council approved Mayor Jason Ward’s annual appointments during Monday’s City Council meeting.
The council approved Ward’s appointments of:
• Municipal court judge: William Pray
• City attorney: Michael Kelly
• City clerk: Nathan McCommon
• City treasurer: JoAnn Ferguson
• Planning commission: Steve Ashley
• Council representative for Retail Commercial Development Committee: Chris Donnelly
• Official newspaper: The Mirror
• Secondary newspaper: Leavenworth Times
CITY APPROVES PLANNING CONTRACT
Tonganoxie has a new city planning firm. The council approved a three-year contract with Gould Evans.
The contract stipulates that costs will not exceed $2,500 per month unless given previous approval from the city.
TONGANOXIE DAYS FUNDING APPROVED
The council voted, 5-0, to provide $2,500 to the Tonganoxie Days committee. Event organizer Connie Torneden was on hand at the meeting.
This year’s festival, which marks the festival’s 30th anniversary, is June 13.
RENT INCREASE FOR POLICE STATION
Rent will be going up for the Tonganoxie Police Department.
Calvin Quisenberry told the council at Monday’s meeting that overhead, a new roof and other factors played into his decision to increase rent for the police station and the rest of the tenants in the building, which is at Fourth and Delaware streets.
The rent will increase by $100 to $1,400 starting June 1.
Originally published at: http://www.tonganoxiemirror.com/news/2015/may/06/tonganoxie-city-council-approves-mayor-wards-appoi/