Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
A motorcycle-vehicle accident Wednesday that involved a 14-year-old driver sent two people to an area hospital.
The accident took place just before 7:30 p.m. at Tonganoxie Drive (County Road 5) and Parallel Road near Tonganoxie.
The 14-year-old Tonganoxie youth was driving a 2013 Chevrolet Cruz when he failed to yield to a 2014 Harley Davidson motorcycle that was headed north on Tonganoxie Drive.
The driver of the motorcycle, Che Martinez, 21, St. Joseph, Mo., was injured in the accident, as was his female passenger, Caicey Jones, 19, Highland. Martinez was flown by air ambulance to Kansas University Hospital in Kansas City, Kan., with major injuries to his left foot. Jones was taken to KU Hospital by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service.
The driver of the Chevy Cruz and a 16-year-old female passenger were uninjured.
The 14-year-old was cited for multiple driving violations.
The Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office is not releasing the names of the 14-year-old and 16-year-old because they are juveniles.
More like this story
- Motorcycle accident on Kansas Highway 16 sends two rural Tonganoxie residents to KU hospital
- Tonganoxie police chief commended for actions at scene of motorcycle accident
- Vehicle-motorcycle accident sends Tonganoxie man to KU hospital
- McLouth man killed in head-on collision
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County