Tonganoxie sesquicentennial meeting scheduled for next week
Organizers for Tonganoxie’s sesquicentennial will have a call-for-volunteers meeting next week.
Anyone interested in volunteering for the event can attend the meeting at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 in council chambers, 321 Delaware.
The 150th anniversary celebration of Tonganoxie will take place as this year’s Tonganoxie Days, which is the second Saturday in June 2016.
A celebration of Tonganoxie’s 150th anniversary will be celebrated on June 10-11, 2016. The current vision for this celebration includes historical exhibits, a BBQ contest, kid’s activities, vendors, food and beverages, live entertainment, a car show and other activities.
A committee the Tonganoxie City Council has formed is looking for volunteers wanting to assist in varying areas. Volunteers will be needed for everything from suggesting ideas and coordinating activities, to organizing and planning and working during the festival.
For more information, or if anyone cannot attend the meeting but is interested in helping, contact Council Member Kara Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-940-0427.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial organizers seek volunteers; meeting set for Tuesday
- About 25 residents attend initial Tonganoxie sesquicentennial planning meeting
- Tonganoxie earmarks $31,500 for sesquicentennial celebration
- Tonganoxie briefs: Legislative update; Christmas party; Play auditions; Park bricks still for sale; Sesquicentennial meeting next month
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial logo unveiled; community band expected to make return