Tonganoxie High volleyball team starts another winning streak
Chieftains have won 10 of last 11 matches
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team had a hiccup in its recent winning streak, but got back in the win column Thursday.
Tonganoxie lost Sept. 29 to Lansing in three sets, 25-14, 25-11, 25-23, but bounced back against Sumner Academy and Spring Hill on Thursday. The Chieftains won, 25-10, 25-17, against Sumner and then needed three sets to defeat Spring Hill, 22-25, 25-23, 25-18. The victories moved the Chieftains to 17-7 on the season.
THS had won eight matches in a row heading into the Lansing match. Tonganoxie went 6-0 at its home invite and then beat Kansas City Christian and Holton in a triangular at Holton.
THS defeated KC Christian, 25-13, 25-7 and then outlasted Holton, 29-27, 25-19.
Tonganoxie is at home at 5 p.m. Thursday for matches against Jeff West and Pleasant Ridge and then will compete in the De Soto Spikefest at 9 a.m. Saturday in De Soto.
Last week, the Kansas State High School Activities Association announced where teams would be headed for substate.
THS will compete in a Class 4A Division I substate at Wamego. THS will join Wamego, Atchison and Eudora at the postseason tournament.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood escapes Tonganoxie with 5-set victory; THS 7th at Rossville
- Clean sweep again for Tonganoxie High cross country
- Tonganoxie High volleyball 8th at De Soto Spikefest
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments
- Tonganoxie volleyball gets home victory against Bishop Seabury