Woman, child killed in highway crash in Kansas
Olathe A woman and a 6-year-old child have been killed in a single-vehicle accident in Johnson County.
The Kansas Highway Patrol identified the victims as 25-year-old Ashley N. Towner, and 6-year-old Ilana Dawn Towner of Wellsville. They died in the crash Wednesday night on Interstate 35.
Both victims were ejected from the car when it overturned in the highway median.
The patrol says Towner was not wearing a seat belt, and a booster car seat in the car was not properly secured.
More like this story
- ATV crash kills 9-year-old Kansas boy, injures 2 others
- Man, child injured in single-engine Kansas plane crash
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Kansas warns drivers to watch for deer
- Police: 11 injured in Great Bend crash involving spider