Letter to editor: Trainer praised for stance on treatment
Trainer praised for stance
To the editor:
I am writing to commend Mr. Mark Padfield on his attitude and practice regarding cupping (Mirror 8/17). This “ancient Chinese therapy” has been popularized by recent Olympic events, but is worthless as a performance enhancer and has many possible negative effects, including potentially serious infections as well as looking like the victim of a squid attack.
I am pleased to see a science-based approach to athletics being promoted in the Tonganoxie school system. Keep pseudoscience out of our classrooms and athletic venues.
More like this story
- A bountiful cup for Tonganoxie student-athletes?
- Physicals to be offered this month at Tonganoxie High School
- Tonganoxie High earns national recognition for athletic training work
- Tonganoxie trainer warns of heat illnesses, urges proper hydration
- Tonganoxie youth pen letters to Santa for Christmas 2015