Accident south of Tonganoxie sends youth to hospital
An accident Thursday night south of Tonganoxie sent a 7-year-old to an area hospital.
A 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix driven by Steven A. Waite, 43, Tonganoxie, was headed south on U.S. Highway 24-40 just after 10 p.m. He stopped to make a left-hand turn when his vehicle was rear-ended by a 2006 Scion driven by Sabrina K. Hiatt, 18, Leavenworth, according to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office reports.
Passengers in the Grand Prix were Izac Lee Waite, 13, Austin Michael Waite, 12, and Avery Loren Waite, 7, all of Tonganoxie.
Avery was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital as a precaution, reports said.
Everyone involved was wearing seat belts.
Steven Waite was cited for driving while suspended and having no proof of insurance. Hiatt was cited for following too close.
More like this story
- Motorcycle accident on Kansas Highway 16 sends two rural Tonganoxie residents to KU hospital
- Local woman with Tonganoxie ties killed in fatality wreck on U.S. 24-40
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Accident near Basehor sends occupants to Children's Mercy