The Mirror, Leavenworth County Humane Society team up for Cutest Pet Contest
The Mirror is bringing back its cutest pet contest, and this time, an organization will be partnering with the newspaper for the monthlong contest.
The Leavenworth County Humane Society is joining with The Mirror for this year’s contest, which will run throughout July.
Here’s how the contest will work:
• Anyone interested in participating can email a photo of their pet(s) to Mirror editor Shawn F. Linenberger at email@example.com.
• Type “Cutest Pet Contest” in the subject line of the email and include a photo of the pet, its name, the animal’s breed and so on, along with the person, couple or family to which the pet belongs.
• The photo then will be posted in photo albums on both The Mirror and LCHS’ Facebook pages.
• Photos will be accepted throughout the month, but keep in mind that the earlier the photo is submitted, the longer people have to hit the “like” button.
• Anyone wanting to “vote” in the contest should make sure they “like” both the Facebook pages for The Mirror and LCHS.
• From there, look for the pet contest photo album. You can vote for as many pets as you wish, with each “like” counting as a vote. A pet can get a maximum of two votes by liking the pet photo on both The Mirror and LCHS Facebook pages.
• People are welcome to share the photo of their pet or a pet they want to promote, but only votes cast in The Mirror and LCHS pet contest photo galleries will count toward the contest.
• The winning pets will be announced later this month and prizes given to the top vote-getters. The overall first-place pet will have a feature written about it in The Mirror after the contest concludes.
Readers also should be looking this month for stories with tips on various pet care that will run in print and online editions of The Mirror.