Tonganoxie USD 464 special meeting tonight for superintendent search, teacher contract
The Tonganoxie USD 464 School Board is expected to make a decision on whether to renew a teacher's contract and also continue with its superintendent search.
Monday's special meeting, along with subsequent ones scheduled for Tuesday through Thursday and Friday if needed, will be at 6 p.m. in the Tonganoxie Middle School library. Those meetings have been scheduled to interview superintendent finalists to replace current Superintendent Lyn Rantz, who is resigning to take an administrative position at Topeka Collegiate. Her stint as USD 464 superintendent concludes June 30.
Board meetings normally have taken place at the Tonganoxie Elementary School library, but meetings this week are taking place at TMS, which is next door to TES on Washington Street.
The resolution to not renew a teacher contract first appeared on last Monday's agenda.
The board tabled the decision until tonight's meeting by a 5-2 vote, with Kris Grinter and Michelle McGhee voting against tabling the resolution. The district has not released the teacher whose non-renewal is being considered in its board meeting information.
This is the agenda for tonight's meeting:
Opening of meeting
• Call Meeting to Order
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Approve the Agenda
• Executive Session to Discuss Matters Related to Non-Elected Personnel
A. Personnel Recommendations
• Patron Comments
• Resolution to Non-Renew Teacher Contract
More like this story
- Tonganoxie superintendent interviews set for next week
- Tonganoxie School Board again tables contract decision for Parker; 200 attend meeting
- Tonganoxie USD 464 moving end-of-year balance to help cover facility improvements
- Resident asks to consider educational opportunities for former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Tonganoxie school board begins superintendent search groundwork