September 7, 2016
Threshing bee coming later this month
Heart of America Antique Steam Engine & Model Association will present McLouth’s 59th Annual Threshing Bee on Sept. 16-18 at the McLouth Threshing Bee Grounds.
Allis Chalmers will be featured this year. All tractors and equipment are welcome. Antique & working truck display. All trucks are welcome.
• Threshing, 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Miniature train rides, rock crusher, large sandbox for children, Prony Brake Dyno, corn picking and shelling and saw mill will run all day.
• Flea Market (vendors should contact: Tom Wilson at 785-865-6428.
Sept. 16 special event
• Kim and the Quake will provide entertainment at 8 p.m.
Sept. 17 special events
• 8 a.m. breakfast by McLouth United Methodist Church.
• Drive-in car show.
• Parade of Power, noon
• Tractor pull, 1 p.m.
• Two Tracks featuring Red Rock and Crazy Man’s Sleds
• Antiques, classics, farm stock, out of field, 2WD, 4x4, diesel pickups. Contacts are Bill at 913-683-9234, Gene at 785-331-7833 and Chad at 913-704-9588.
• Pedal tractor pull, 5 p.m.
• LB’s with live entertainment, 8 p.m.
Sept. 18 special events
• Garden tractor pull, 1 p.m. Contact: Kevin Fowler at 785 691-8231.
• For more information, visit mclouththreshingbee.com, facebook.com/mclouththreshingbee or call Austin at 785-691-6749, Rick at 816-289-5952, Chris at 785-393-0524 or Darin at 816-803-9500.
Admission is free, and coolers are allowed at no charge, though glass bottles are prohibited. Donations are welcome and an overnight camping site is available. Seating is limited, so visitors should bring lawn chairs.
Originally published at: http://www.tonganoxiemirror.com/news/2016/sep/07/mclouth-happenings/