Tonganoxie Community Historical Society offering barn quilt classes next month; deadline Oct. 8
The barn quilt is the largest grassroots art movement in America.
Barn art (as some call it), has found its way into Leavenworth County by way of Tonganoxie.
The Tonganoxie Community Historical Society sponsors barn quilt classes at the site. The last class for this fall is 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 15 at the site.
Those interested should call now to reserve a spot. Registration closes Oct. 8.
For more details, call Jean Pearson at 913-845-3228.
The quilts also make great Christmas gifts.
More like this story
- Barn quilts adorn Tonganoxie Community Historic Site barn
- 15 things you might not know about Tonganoxie
- Kansas authors to give program in Tonganoxie later this month about state guidebook
- 'Make Art, Not War' coming to Tonganoxie Community Historical Society
- Pop-up craft mall next week at Tonganoxie Community Historic Site