Tonganoxie Public LIbrary’s Chieftain Cafe continuing in summer months
Tonganoxie Public Library is extending its Chieftain Cafe into the summer.
The offering, which started as an afterschool program during the 2016-17 school year, will run 3:30-5 p.m. weekdays at the library, with the exception of July 4. The Chieftain Cafe allows all youths to grab free healthy snacks and participate in a variety of activities.
The program was averaging 70 youths daily later in the school year. For more information, visit tonganoxielibrary.org.
More like this story
- Chieftain Cafe continuing in summer months
- Chieftain Cafe numbers continue to climb
- Chieftain Cafe at Tonganoxie Public Libray welcomes volunteers
- Tonganoxie VFW biscuits and gravy feed New Year's Day and other items of note heading into 2017
- Tonganoxie City Council agrees to fund new library for $3.75 million; officials had asked for $5.1 million