Leavenworth County Commission approves petition to put expanded commission question on ballot
Leavenworth County voters will decide in November whether the county commission will expand to five members from three.
The Leavenworth County Commission approved a resolution July 10 to put the question on the November ballot.
A group pushing for the expanded board had 3,000 signatures, far more than the required 2,153, which is 5 percent of registered county voters, according to County Clerk Janet Klasinski.
More like this story
- About 800 Tonganoxie ballots mailed backed so far
- Ballots sent out for Tonganoxie sales tax question
- Leavenworth County commissioner's replacement would have to run for re-election in 2018
- Tonganoxie City Council meets to hire city manager
- Leavenworth County Commission race highlights local election season