Photo detail

  • Print
  • Favorite
  • Comment

Val and Jamie Carlisle, Tonganoxie, stand near one of their coffee bean roasters. A faulty filter in a second roaster caused carbon monoxide emissions in their house, putting them at risk of death had they not called for medical assistance when they did.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Invisible Killer: Carbon monoxide detector use urged

Cherie Sage, state director of Safe Kids Kansas, offers advice below on preventing carbon monoxide poisoning.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.