Polls

Will you be voting in the April 5 election?

Response Percent Votes

97% 44

2% 1
Total 45

Comments

chieftain 3 years, 4 months ago

Everyone should vote unless they want their taxes raised in this economy, schools don't need upgraded, access roads aren't needed, county road 1 is going no where and government needs to be downsized as well as current council members who think money grows on trees must go.

Padfield 3 years, 4 months ago

The schools don't need upgraded? The elementary school is nearly 200 kids over capacity and in horrible shape. It most certainly DOES need upgraded.

only1 3 years, 4 months ago

I agree chieftain, everyone should vote. I plan to vote YES, as I believe the schools do need upgraded and safety issues do need addressed. If it was Direct TV or our cell phones that raised the fees $10 or even $15 a month, we'd all find a way to do it, but upgrading facilities that our children spend 8 hours a day and 13 years of their lives in is causing a huge stir. What gets me is how many people swear none of this is necessary (and I personally know a few), but yet, they are never in the buildings or even anywhere near the buildings during hours of operation. Go figure.

Ryan 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm going to vote NO. My taxes are high enough and I give to much money to the school system anyway.

1012561 3 years, 4 months ago

Hmm, I think I read a text similar to this last week, way to stand up and speak your mind Ryan. So far the numbers are looking towards the NO side. Time will tell, in the event that is it not approved I believe everyone who voted No should be happy to assist in a revision so that we can meet the NECESSARY needs for our children not the glitz and glamor of the adults whom are spending everyone elses money. Those who voted yes are you planning on staying in Tonganoxie for the next 25 years?

1985 3 years, 4 months ago

Chieftain, with that attitude yep you are right county road 1 is going nowhere along with the rest of the town.