Ian Cummings Lawrence Journal-World reporter
- Meth fears prompt CVS to ID for nail polish remover
- August 14, 2013
- Anyone trying to buy nail polish remover at a CVS Pharmacy will now need to show ID, just in case they have something more sinister in mind than their nails.
- One traffic fatality, 37 DUI arrests, reported by KHP over Fourth of July weekend
- July 10, 2013
- The Kansas Highway Patrol responded to one fatal vehicle accident that resulted in one death over the Fourth of July holiday weekend from July 3 to July 7, according to a news release issued by the KHP.
- Two Jefferson County men arrested on suspicion of illegal weapons offenses
- July 8, 2013
- Two Jefferson County men were arrested early Sunday on suspicion of menacing people with a sawed-off shotgun, said Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Herrig.
- Lawrence mother searching for 17-year-old son, missing since May 7
- June 3, 2013
- Margarita Yoder of Lawrence says she has been searching for her missing son for nearly a month.
- Kansas Attorney General taking over prosecution in Ottawa homicide case
- May 17, 2013
- Prosecutors from the Kansas Attorney General’s office have taken on the lead role in the capital murder case stemming from the quadruple homicides discovered at a property in rural Ottawa last week.