Shawnee fire chief discusses cause of fatal apartment fire

Adobe Flash player 9 is required to view this video
Get Adobe Flash player

Shawnee Fire Chief John Mattox takes questions from reporters outside the apartment building where an early-morning fire killed two residents. Food left on the stove caused the fire, which started about 5:30 a.m. Friday at the Carlyle Apartment Homes, 11601 W. 75th Terrace, and accounted for Shawnee’s first citizen fatalities from a fire in more than 10 years, Mattox said.

Related story

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.