See current severe weather alerts.
Get commuter and severe weather updates via e-mail or SMS text message
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- K-State climatologist seeks Leavenworth County volunteers to record precipitation
- August 19, 2013
- A state climatologist hopes to find resident volunteers to help track precipitation throughout Leavenworth County.
- Snowstorms keep crews busy, cause several cancellations
- March 5, 2013
- The calendar soon will turn to May, but local residents were reminded that it’s still winter in Kansas the past two weeks.
- Council reschedules meeting; trash service delayed
- February 26, 2013
- The Tonganoxie City Council will have its regular meeting at 7 p.m. today in council chambers, 321 Delaware.
- Sheriff’s office reports all vehicle accidents Thursday were non-injury
- February 22, 2013
- The significant snowfall Thursday led to 10 non-injury accidents and multiple slide-offs.
- State offers tips for combatting frigid winter weather
- December 31, 2012
- The Kansas Department of Health and Environment is encouraging all Kansans to be safe and exercise caution when temperatures drop below freezing.
- LIGHTNING STRIKE: Monday storm hits chimney
- June 12, 2012
- Wayne Yorkovich pulled his truck out of the garage early Monday morning anticipating a summer shower that would wash off his vehicle.
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight for area counties
- March 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch that’s in effect until midnight for Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Jefferson and Douglas counties.
- Severe-weather sirens meant to reach only outdoor areas, Leavenworth County official says
- March 13, 2012
- The high-pitched whine of emergency weather sirens rang throughout Leavenworth County March 7, just as it does the first Wednesday of every month at 11 a.m.
- Tornado watch issued for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties
- February 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties. It is in effect until 1 a.m. Wednesday.
- City street department has supplies salted away for winter
- December 27, 2011
- Although it may have disappointed area children, Kent Heskett was happy Tonganoxie didn’t have a white Christmas.