See current severe weather alerts.
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Kansas sees more tornadoes than normal, but most weak
- December 14, 2015
- Meteorologists say Kansas saw more tornadoes than normal this year, but all but a few were weak and short-lived.
- Icy road conditions claim 4 more lives in Kansas
- November 29, 2015
- Authorities in Kansas are blaming four more traffic deaths in the Wichita area on the icy conditions gripping the state and other parts of the nation’s midsection.
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- July 20, 2015
- No thrill-seekers here. These jetliner-flying storm chasers are on a scientific mission. They’re trying to figure out how to better predict a little-examined peculiarity of summer weather on the Great Plains: its enormous, and often ferocious, nighttime thunderstorms.
- Sirens failed to sound in Nickerson as tornado hit area
- July 15, 2015
- Tornado sirens failed to go off in Nickerson as a tornado hit the area.
- Tonganoxie experiences Monday flooding
- July 8, 2015
- Tonganoxie experienced its share of inclement weather Monday night. As the Kansas City metro area braced for flooding and tornadoes, Tonganoxie had its share of flooding. Several streets had standing water.
- Preliminary data has 99 tornadoes reported in Kansas in May
- June 9, 2015
- Preliminary data shows storms that hit Kansas in May prompted reports of 99 tornadoes in the state.
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- June 4, 2015
- The National Weather Service has issued more warnings and watches because of anticipated rainfall.
- Flash flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County, parts of Wyandotte, Johnson counties
- June 3, 2015
- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning that’s in effect until 4:30 p.m. today for the area. Leavenworth County, northwestern Johnson County and western Wyandotte County all are included in the warning.
- Some Kansas regions report near record rainfall in May
- June 2, 2015
- To no one’s surprise, some Kansas areas reported near record amounts of rain for the month of May.
- Rough weather hits southwest Kansas, at least 1 tornado
- May 26, 2015
- The National Weather Service says a super cell storm swept across western Kansas, spawning at least one tornado.