See current severe weather alerts.
Get commuter and severe weather updates via e-mail or SMS text message
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Wind advisory in effect for local counties
- February 20, 2014
- Much of the area is under a wind advisory as a wintry mix of precipitation also is expected.
- Tonganoxie departments report calm day; school districts cancel Wednesday classes, events
- February 4, 2014
- The Tonganoxie area continues to be in a winter storm warning until Wednesday morning, but Tuesday has been fairly calm despite steady snowfall throughout the day.
- Tonganoxie Phil: Early spring is on its way
- February 4, 2014
- Longtime physician by day, weather prognosticator by morning. Dr. Phil Stevens has been practicing medicine at the same office in downtown Tonganoxie for more than 58 years.
- Tonganoxie area delays, cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014
- 11:21 p.m., February 3, 2014 Updated 08:46 a.m.
- Here’s a listing of a delay and closings for Tuesday, Feb. 4, due to the anticipated winter storm.
- Tonganoxie included in winter storm warnings; up to 10 inches of snow
- February 3, 2014
- The Tonganoxie area could receive between 6 and 10 inches of snow Tuesday and early Wednesday. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for northeast and north central Kansas, including Douglas and Jefferson counties effective midnight tonight and ending 6 a.m. Wednesday.
- Wind chill warnings in effect throughout area
- January 5, 2014
- Wind chill numbers are expected to dip well below zero overnight in the area, creating potential life-threatening conditions for anyone exposed to the weather.
- K-State climatologist seeks Leavenworth County volunteers to record precipitation
- August 19, 2013
- A state climatologist hopes to find resident volunteers to help track precipitation throughout Leavenworth County.
- Snowstorms keep crews busy, cause several cancellations
- March 5, 2013
- The calendar soon will turn to May, but local residents were reminded that it’s still winter in Kansas the past two weeks.
- Council reschedules meeting; trash service delayed
- February 26, 2013
- The Tonganoxie City Council will have its regular meeting at 7 p.m. today in council chambers, 321 Delaware.
- Sheriff’s office reports all vehicle accidents Thursday were non-injury
- February 22, 2013
- The significant snowfall Thursday led to 10 non-injury accidents and multiple slide-offs.