- Winter Weather Advisory issued February 20 at 9:22AM CST until February 20 at 6:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 9:22 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
- Expires: 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
...Freezing Rain Expected Across Western MO and eastern KS,
including the Kansas City Metropolitan area...
.Periods of light to moderate freezing rain, with a few embedded
thunderstorms, will be tracking east across the region through
this afternoon. Ice accumulations between a tenth and three tenths
of an inch are possible. The higher amounts would mainly be on
elevated surfaces but where temperatures are in the 20s, the
northwestern side of the KC metro for example, those higher
amounts could be on non-elevated roads as well.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation. Additional wet snow accumulations of
up to one half inch and ice accumulations of up to one tenth of
an inch are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of northeast Kansas and north central and
* WHEN...Until 6 PM CST this evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ice will result in difficult travel
conditions. Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times.
- See more at NOAA