- Winter Storm Warning issued January 11 at 3:31AM CST until January 11 at 12:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 4 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
- Expires: noon on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY...
* WHAT...Snow and blowing snow expected. Plan on difficult travel
conditions, especially as the morning wears on. Total snow
accumulations of 2 to 5 inches are expected and near blizzard
conditions will be possible for a time this morning due to
strong gusty winds of up to 45 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of central Kansas, east central Kansas, north
central Kansas and northeast Kansas. The heaviest snow should
fall mainly west of a Hiawatha to Council Grove line.
* WHEN...4 AM to noon today.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds gusting as high as 45 mph will cause
areas of blowing and drifting snow.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow and blowing snow means severe
winter weather conditions are expected. If you must travel, keep
an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
- See more at NOAA