- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 11 at 3:24AM CST until January 11 at 6:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 9 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
- Expires: 6 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
...Accumulating snow, strong north winds and some light ice
accumulations will hamper travel today...
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO
6 PM CST THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Scattered areas of light freezing rain are expected later
this morning into the afternoon before changing to light snow
and ending by evening. The ice may result in very slippery
conditions on sidewalks, roads and bridges. Little if any snow
accumulation is expected with a light glaze of ice possible.
* WHERE...Portions of South Central and Southeast Kansas.
* WHEN...From 9 AM this morning to 6 PM CST this evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds gusting as high as 40 mph may cause
areas of blowing snow with reduced driving visibility.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling
from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
- See more at NOAA