- Winter Storm Watch issued January 19 at 9:42PM CST until January 22 at 6:00AM CST by NWS
- Effective: midnight on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018
- Expires: 6 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 22, 2018
...Significant Winter Storm to Affect the Tri-State Region late
.A surface low pressure system will develop in southwest Kansas
late Saturday night, in advance of an upper level disturbance
approaching from the west. The surface low is expected to track
northeast through eastern Kansas into central Iowa by Sunday
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING
THROUGH LATE SUNDAY NIGHT...
* WHAT...Heavy snow. Storm total accumulations of 4 to 7 inches
possible, with the majority of precipitation falling during
the day Sunday.
* WHERE...Along and north of Interstate 70.
* WHEN...Saturday night through Sunday night.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Northerly wind gusts as high as 45 to 55
mph may result in significantly reduced visibilities associated
with blowing snow Sunday afternoon into Sunday night,
particularly along and north of Interstate 70.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.
- See more at NOAA