- Fire Weather Watch issued April 29 at 5:27AM CDT until April 30 at 8:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1 p.m. on Monday, April 30, 2018
- Expires: 8 p.m. on Monday, April 30, 2018
...Red Flag Warning this afternoon... ...Fire Weather Watch
.Low Relative Humidity Values of less than 15 percent across
portions of east central Colorado today will combine with gusty
winds over 25 mph to produce an area of Critical Fire Weather
conditions over western Kit Carson and Cheyenne counties. On
Monday, the area of low relative humidity expands across the
eastern Colorado border area into far western Kansas and extreme
southwest Nebraska. As a result, a Red Flag warning has been
issued over those areas of concern, with a Fire Weather Watch on
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 001...013...027...041...079 AND 252...
* Affected Area...In Colorado...Fire Weather Zone 252 Yuma. In
Kansas...Fire Weather Zone 001 Cheyenne...Fire Weather Zone
013 Sherman...Fire Weather Zone 027 Wallace and Fire Weather
Zone 041 Greeley. In Nebraska...Fire Weather Zone 079 Dundy.
* Winds...South 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative Humidity...As low as 13 percent.
* Impacts...Any fires that start will have extreme fire behavior
and spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not advised.
- See more at NOAA