- Winter Storm Warning issued January 11 at 3:24AM CST until January 11 at 12:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 3:24 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
- Expires: noon on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
...Accumulating snow, strong north winds and some light ice
accumulations will hamper travel today...
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY...
* WHAT...Snow is expected to develop early this morning and
continue until about midday. A brief wintry mix of freezing rain
and sleet is possible during the transition from rain to snow.
Snow accumulations of 3 to 4 inches is expected with locally
higher amounts possible. Hazardous and difficult travel
conditions are expected, including during the morning commute to
work and school.
* WHERE...Saline, McPherson and Marion Counties.
* WHEN...Until noon CST today.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds gusting as high as 45 mph will cause
widespread blowing and drifting snow and reduced driving
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice are occurring. This will make travel very hazardous or
impossible. Strong winds are also possible. The latest road
conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by
calling 5 1 1.
- See more at NOAA