- Flood Watch issued October 09 at 3:55AM CDT until October 10 at 10:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 2 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018
- Expires: 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018
...Heavy rain potential through late Tuesday night...
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of Central Kansas, South Central Kansas, and Southeast
Kansas, including the following areas, in Central Kansas,
Barton, Chase, Ellsworth, Lincoln, Marion, McPherson, Rice,
Russell, and Saline. In South Central Kansas, Butler, Cowley,
Harper, Harvey, Kingman, Reno, Sedgwick, and Sumner. In
Southeast Kansas, Allen, Chautauqua, Elk, Greenwood, Labette,
Montgomery, Neosho, Wilson, and Woodson.
* Through Wednesday morning.
* Periodic showers and thunderstorms with locally heavy rain will
occur in most areas today, although the greatest heavy rain
threat would gradually move into southeast Kansas this evening.
The heavy rains would persist across southeast Kansas through
late Tuesday night. Additional rainfall totals 1 to 3 inches,
with localized amounts around 4 inches, are likely. This would
aggravate the flooding situation.
- See more at NOAA