- Fire Weather Watch issued October 22 at 2:46PM CDT until October 23 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
MONDAY EVENING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONES 005, 017, 018, 072, 082 AND 083...
The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for wind and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from Monday afternoon through Monday evening.
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 005 Phillips,
Fire Weather Zone 017 Rooks and Fire Weather Zone 018 Osborne.
In Nebraska, Fire Weather Zone 072 Gosper, Fire Weather Zone
082 Furnas and Fire Weather Zone 083 Harlan.
* WINDS...Northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* TIMING...Monday afternoon and early evening.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 20 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that occur may spread rapidly and be
difficult to contain. Use caution if engaging in activities that
could ignite a fire.
- See more at NOAA