- Winter Storm Watch issued April 12 at 10:16PM CDT until April 14 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 7 p.m. on Friday, April 13, 2018
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 14, 2018
...Potent Early Spring Storm to Impact the Area Friday evening
.An early spring storm is forecast to bring a return of winter
weather conditions with accumulating snowfall and intense winds
from Friday evening through Saturday evening. The combination of
the snow and wind are expected to produce blizzard or near-
blizzard conditions, and cause hazardous travel.
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING
THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...
* WHAT...Blizzard conditions possible. Winds gusting as high as
50 mph could cause whiteout conditions in blowing snow.
Significant drifting of the snow is also possible. Total snow
accumulations of 2 to 4 inches, with localized amounts up to 6
inches, are possible.
* WHERE...Portions of north central Kansas and central, east
central and south central Nebraska.
* WHEN...From Friday evening through Saturday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult to
impossible. Tree branches could fall.
- See more at NOAA