- Flood Warning issued August 16 at 3:01PM CDT until August 16 at 10:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 2:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2017
- Expires: 10 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2017
The National Weather Service in Wichita has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Northeastern Sedgwick County in south central Kansas...
* Until 700 PM CDT
* At 259 PM CDT, Doppler radar indicated a thunderstorm producing
heavy rain which will cause flooding. Up to an inch of rain has
already fallen in a short amount of time over central and west
Wichita. Flood prone areas across the city will likely flood in
the next hour or two.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Wichita, Andover, Park City, Valley Center, Bel Aire, Goddard,
Maize, Sedgwick, Downtown Wichita, Kechi, Eastborough, West
Wichita, East Wichita, Eisenhower National Airport, Northeast
Wichita, Mcconnell Air Force Base, South Wichita, Oaklawn and
This includes the following highways...
Interstate 135 between Mile Markers 0 and 22.
Interstate 35 between Mile Markers 42 and 54.
- See more at NOAA