- Flood Watch issued October 06 at 3:16AM CDT until October 06 at 10:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 4:54 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 6, 2017
- Expires: 10 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 6, 2017
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of central Kansas, east central Kansas, north central
Kansas, and northeast Kansas, including the following areas,
in central Kansas, Dickinson. In east central Kansas, Geary,
Morris, Shawnee, and Wabaunsee. In north central Kansas, Clay,
Cloud, Ottawa, Republic, and Washington. In northeast Kansas,
Brown, Jackson, Jefferson, Marshall, Nemaha, Pottawatomie, and
* Through Saturday morning
* Scattered showers and thunderstorms will persist this morning
and into the afternoon. A stronger band of thunderstorms will
then move east across the area this evening and tonight.
Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are forecast by
Saturday morning, with locally higher amounts possible. Many
locations in the area have already received a half inch to
around 2 inches of rain in the past few days. This additional
rainfall may lead to flooding.
* Rapid rises of area creeks and streams are possible. In
addition, ponding of water on roads is likely in heavier
- See more at NOAA