- Winter Storm Warning issued January 20 at 10:10PM CST until January 22 at 6:00AM CST by NWS
- Effective: midnight on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018
- Expires: 6 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 22, 2018
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM MST /6 AM
* WHAT...Mixed wintry precipitation late tonight and Sunday
morning becoming all snow from Sunday afternoon into Sunday
night. Strong north winds 45 to 55 mph Sunday evening and Sunday
night will result in near whiteout or whiteout conditions with
areas of blowing and drifting snow. Heavy snow 6 to 9 inches
with locally higher amounts along and north of I-70. 3 to 5
inches south of I-70.
* WHERE...Portions of east central Colorado, northeast Colorado,
northwest Kansas and southwest Nebraska.
* WHEN...11 PM today to 5 AM Monday. Light icing is possible
late tonight through early Sunday afternoon. Heavy snow and
blowing snow are most likely late Sunday afternoon through late
Sunday night. Blowing snow may continue Monday morning after
snow has ended.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Areas of freezing fog, with some locations
having visibilities a half mile or less, are expected through
the morning hours in addition to the light freezing drizzle. As
a result, roads may initially become slick Sunday morning, with
conditions rapidly deteriorating late Sunday afternoon and
evening. Travel may become impossible Sunday evening through
early Monday morning.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice are expected. This will make travel very hazardous or
impossible. Strong winds are also possible. The latest road
conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by
calling 5 1 1.
- See more at NOAA