- Red Flag Warning issued October 23 at 3:48PM CDT until October 23 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 3:48 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017
...Critical to near critical fire weather conditions continue late
this afternoon, will be possible once again tomorrow afternoon...
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING
FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 006 AND
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 006 Smith. In
Nebraska, Fire Weather Zone 072 Gosper.
* WINDS...Northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* TIMING...Through early evening.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...as low as 20 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that occur may spread rapidly and be
difficult to contain. Use caution if engaging in activities
that could ignite a fire.
- See more at NOAA