- Flash Flood Watch issued September 08 at 3:49AM CDT until September 09 at 7:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 3:49 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018
- Expires: 7 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 9, 2018
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Illinois and Missouri...including the following
counties...in Illinois...Calhoun IL...Greene IL...Jersey IL...
Macoupin IL and Pike IL. In Missouri...Audrain MO...Boone MO...
Callaway MO...Lincoln MO...Monroe MO...Montgomery MO...Pike
MO and Ralls MO.
* through Sunday morning
* The remnants of Tropical Cyclone Gordon will continue to push
east-northeast and interact with a cold front stalled across
Missouri and Illinois. Rich tropical moisture will produce
additional heavy rainfall across the watch area through late
Saturday evening. The greatest threat for heavy rainfall will
extend from east- central Missouri into portions of southwest
Illinois. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches are likely through
Saturday with locally higher amounts possible, especially in
Illinois. The heaviest rain in this area is still expected occur
through Saturday morning.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas...and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
- See more at NOAA