- Flash Flood Watch issued May 03 at 12:11AM CDT until May 04 at 12:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 12:11 a.m. on Thursday, May 3, 2018
- Expires: midnight on Friday, May 4, 2018
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* Portions of Kansas and Missouri, including the following
areas, in Kansas, Atchison KS, Doniphan, Johnson KS,
Leavenworth, Linn KS, Miami, and Wyandotte. In Missouri,
Bates, Buchanan, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Henry,
Jackson, Johnson MO, Lafayette, Platte, and Ray.
* Through Thursday evening
* Rainfall totals thus far across the affected areas range from
approximately one to two inches as of late Wednesday night. An
additional round of storms should form overnight across these
areas, possibly persisting into late Thursday morning. Friday
afternoon and evening thunderstorm activity will bring another
round of efficient rainfall across the affected areas. In all,
expecting to see an additional one to two inches before
precipitation ends Thursday night, with locally higher amounts
possible. This may lead to flooding along area rivers, creeks,
and streams, in addition to major and secondary roadways.
- See more at NOAA