- Wind Chill Advisory issued January 18 at 3:04AM CST until January 18 at 9:00AM CST by NWS
- Effective: 3:04 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018
- Expires: 9 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018
...BELOW ZERO WIND CHILL VALUES EXPECTED THIS MORNING...
.The combination of very cold temperatures in the single digits
above zero and light winds will produce wind chill values from
zero to 5 below zero across the northern and eastern sections of
the Mid South through 9 am this morning.
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST THIS
* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills will
cause frostbite to exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
Expect wind chills to range from 5 above zero to 5 below zero.
* WHERE...Portions of North Mississippi, West Tennessee, East
Arkansas and Southeast Missouri.
* WHEN...Until 9 AM CST this morning.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frostbite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
- See more at NOAA