- Flood Warning issued May 29 at 8:49PM CDT until June 01 at 5:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:49 p.m. on Friday, May 29, 2015
- Expires: 5 p.m. on Monday, June 1, 2015
...The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Missouri...
Spring River at Carthage affecting Jasper County.
.Heavy rainfall of 1 to 2 inches during Friday afternoon and evening hours will cause
river levels to rise above flood stage.
* From Saturday morning...until further notice.
...For the Spring River at Carthage...
* At 7:45 PM Friday The stage was 5.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage by tomorrow late
morning and continue to rise to near 11.4 feet by early Sunday
morning. The river will fall below flood stage by Sunday afternoon.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet...Minor flooding occurs at the gage site.
Flood waters impact State Highway 37 east of Carthage between
Avilla and Reeds.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Sat Sun Mon
Spring River Basin
Carthage 10 5.6 Fri 08 PM 11.2 7.7 5.7
- See more at NOAA