- Wind Chill Advisory issued January 16 at 2:00AM CST until January 16 at 12:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 2 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018
- Expires: noon on Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018
...Dangerous Wind Chills this Morning...
.Wind chill values will continue to range from -10 to -20 degrees
below zero this morning.
Despite sunshine today, temperatures will only warm to around
9 to 12 degrees this afternoon.
Anyone working or participating in outdoor activities should
wear several layers of clothes to protect from frost bite and
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY...
* WHAT...Wind chill values will continue to range from -10 to -20
degrees below zero this morning.
* WHERE...Portions of southeast Kansas and central, east central,
south central, southwest and west central Missouri.
* WHEN...Until noon CST today.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Cold temperatures will continue through the
entire day today. Anyone working or participating in outdoor
activities should wear several layers of clothes to prevent
frost bite and hypothermia.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
- See more at NOAA