- Flood Warning issued September 17 at 8:46PM CDT until September 20 at 1:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:46 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 17, 2018
- Expires: 1 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in
Illinois...Kentucky and Missouri...
Ohio River at Shawneetown and Cairo
.Minor flooding continues on the Ohio River at Shawneetown and
at Cairo. At Shawneetown, the river is forecast to crest near
33.8 feet early Tuesday morning...then fall below flood stage
by Tuesday afternoon. At Cairo, the river is forecast to reach
flood stage of 40.0 feet Tuesday morning, hold steady, then
fall below flood stage Wednesday.
The Flood Warning continues for
the Ohio River at Cairo
* until late Wednesday night.
* At 8:00 PM Monday the stage was 39.9 feet.
* Flood Stage is 40.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to near flood stage
tomorrow morning, hold at that stage, then fall below flood
* Impact...At 40.0 Feet...Minor flooding occurs affecting mainly
agricultural bottomland and low lying areas.
- See more at NOAA