- Flash Flood Watch issued June 23 at 8:58AM CDT until June 24 at 12:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:58 a.m. on Friday, June 23, 2017
- Expires: midnight on Saturday, June 24, 2017
...Heavy rain to continue with the remnants of Tropical Depression
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of southern Illinois, southwest Indiana, western
Kentucky, and southeast Missouri, including the following
areas, in southern Illinois, Hardin, Massac, and Pope. In
southwest Indiana, Gibson, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh,
and Warrick. In western Kentucky, Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway,
Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Daviess, Fulton, Graves,
Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Lyon, Marshall,
McCracken, McLean, Muhlenberg, Todd, Trigg, Union KY, and
Webster. In southeast Missouri, Mississippi and New Madrid.
* Through this evening
* Increasing showers and isolated thunderstorms will produce
locally heavy rainfall today. Tropical downpours have been
producing over two inches of rain in one hour in isolated
locations in southern Illinois. These types of rainfall rates
could occur anywhere within the watch area today.
* High rainfall rates could lead to rapid inundation of flood
prone roadways. Sharp rises in creeks and small streams may
occur. Low lying areas may quickly become flooded.
- See more at NOAA